24 Mar Tips for Choosing the Right Bridesmaid Footwear for Your Puerto Rico Wedding
Your bridesmaids’ footwear may be the last thing on your mind at this point, but choosing the right shoes for your bridal party is actually a pretty important step in planning the perfect wedding. Not only do you want their shoes to look great, but they also need to fit very well if you expect your bridesmaids to wear them throughout your wedding day and night, which will probably involve a lot of standing, walking and dancing, too! Here are a few tips to help you choose the right bridesmaid footwear for your wedding in Rincon Puerto Rico.
1. Decide on a budget. Since bridesmaids are typically expected to pay for their own wedding day dress and shoes, it’s important to decide on a reasonable budget that won’t be a financial burden for any of your bridesmaids, especially since there will be quite a few additional expenses for them to cover before your wedding is over. There are plenty of great bridesmaid shoe options out there for $100 or less, and (bonus!) may of these shoes can be worn more than once.
2. Determine the appropriate heel height. This is a biggie. When it comes down to it, your bridesmaids are going to be wearing their shoes for hours on end: during the ceremony, while taking pictures and (sometimes) throughout the reception too. You should choose a heel height that your bridesmaids not only feel confident walking down the aisle in, but that can be comfortably worn all night long. Here’s a tip – if you want your bridal party to wear high heels during the ceremony, consider gifting them each a cute pair of matching sandals to be worn for the rest of the evening.
3. Consider the venue. The venue may not seem like an important factor in choosing the right bridesmaid footwear for your wedding, but it definitely is. If your Puerto Rico wedding is on the beach, for example, you certainly don’t want your bridesmaids stumbling through the sand in stilettos or awkward wedges. Cute rubber sandals or barefoot “sandals” (pictured above) are appropriate beach wedding wear, and there are so many color and style options out there, you shouldn’t have a problem matching them to your wedding colors. On the other hand, if your wedding venue in PR has hardwood or tile floors, the best choice for your bridesmaids’ shoes would probably be a comfortable shoe with a low heel.
4. Think about what color and fabric you want. You want your bridesmaids to look beautiful and feminine, so it’s important to choose a feminine shoe fabric, like silk, lace, crepe or satin, as opposed to leather, for example, which would be an awfully hot material for a beach wedding in Puerto Rico. Color is also important of course, and while your bridesmaids’ footwear doesn’t have to be the exact same color or fabric as their dresses, they should definitely complement their dresses, as well as your wedding theme. For this reason, many brides cut out the guessing game and simply opt for shoes that can be dyed to match their bridesmaids’ dresses exactly.
5. Make sure your bridesmaids can try them on. More and more brides are choosing bridesmaids’ dresses from online retailers, which is all fine and good as long as they can be tailored to fit. Shoes, however, are another story. It’s really important to let your bridal party try on their shoes prior to your wedding day so they can ensure that they fit properly and are comfortable enough to stand and walk in. If some of your bridesmaids live out of town, consider finding a store that is a national chain so they can try on the shoes in their own area. Another option would be to tell your bridesmaids what color and style you’d like them to wear and then let them choose their own shoes.